Saturday, June 2, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day! My husband and I are on our way to the Wesleyan Church Conference. It is an honor to be a West MI Delegate. Kentucky is my home state. I was born in Wheelwright, KY, a once thriving coal mining town in the south eastern part of the state. However, we moved to MI when I was 2 years old, but all my grandmas and grandpas, cousins, aunts and uncles were still in KY, so I spent all my summers there until my maternal grandparents moved to Chattanooga, TN, then I spent a lot time there, too. I just love the mountains! Lexington is the most beautiful part of the state. I feel like I'm going home.

There is a lot of serious Church business to take care of this week, please pray for the conference. I'm excited about it all. Looking forward to some great worship and messages, as well as seeing friends we haven't seen in a while. As soon as I know more about the new Wesleyan Women Director I will post it for you. I will send out highlights from time to time, so keep checking in. Please comment, too. Let me know you are out there.

I'm blessed to be part of a district that has so much going for it. We have great leadership and wonderful people. Our women are the best! Our district Women's Ministry team is progressing with moving forward with zone meetings with women leaders to form a new structure for the women in our district. I know many of you already have a local church ministry, and that is the way for all of the ministries. You will be under the guidance of your own local churches. But we want to stay connected with all of our churches to learn and grow together in the Lord and encourage each other. We want to hear and share your ideas. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Well....we are almost there. I'll talk to y'all later.
Saundra

No comments: